Greetings!

How are you today? Life's good?

Friday, November 20, 2009

Evening fun at Khao San Road, Bangkok








It was my first trip to Bangkok recently - October 2009 and I really enjoyed myself. My first stop was at Khao San Road. Things here are relatively cheaper and there are quite a number of tourists around. After a long day of travelling, it was nice to stroll along the street after checking into a hotel. The Thais are friendly people and very helpful. Khao San Road comes alive at night and offers a lot of entertainment. My first experience was the phad thai, noodles similar to our local "kueh tiaw" and I was hungry so ordered a plate from the hawker along the street. To my surprise, the lady cooked on the spot and handed me a plate of freshly fried phad thai and a pair of chopsticks. I thought: she expected me to eat right there and then? Eat along the street? Well, looking around, I saw a few Europeans eating from plates while walking around with their backpack still strapped to their backs. Hmmmm! I did likewise and really enjoyed the experience.

My first fragant coconut drink in Bangkok was a refreshing experience. The seller was really very fashionably dressed.

I met some "mobile" sales ladies selling beadworks, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment